HOW TO GET VIETNAM VISA IN MOC BAI BORDER CHECKPOINT?
(VISA RUN TO MOC BAI BORDER – LAND BORDER)
(Vietnam – Cambodia border, 70 km from Ho Chi Minh city)
STEP 1: Please bring the Approval letter along with you and prepare at least 2 photos of you (photo of standard passport size – 4x6 cm with white background) and some cash to pay for Stamp fee later at arrival border.
* Documents to submit to get the Visa at Moc Bai border checkpoint:
1. Original letter (We will process and send this letter to you in real paper before your trip to Moc Bai)
2. Your Original passport
3. Form NA1 - Comeplete information and attcehd information in advance (Download the Vietnamese Visa application - Form NA1 here)
4. Stamping fee
* Stamping fee for Vietnam Visa on arrival at Moc Bai border checkpoint:
- 1 month single entry: 25.00 USD/person
- 1 month multipleentries: 50.00 USD/person
- 3 months single entries: 25.00 USD/person
- 3 months multiple entries: 50.00 USD/person
- 6months multiple entries: 95.00 USD/person
- 1 year multiple entries: 135.00 USD/person
STEP 2: Take a bus to Moc Bai border. Bus ticket price is from 2$ - 12$.
*** BUS OPTIONS: Take a bus to Moc Bai from Ho Chi Minh city
- Option 1: Take a public bus No.703 at Bus station in Park 23/9 (at the corner of Pham Ngu Lao and Cong Quynh street, opposite to Thai Binh Market)
Frequency: Departs each 30 minutes. And just go to Moc Bai Border
Price: 40.000 VND/person (around 2 USD/person/1 way).
If you just want to do a visa run and come back right away, you should choose this bus option.
- Option 2: Book any bus at any office at Pham Ngu Lao street (Sapaco, Kumho… is popular). You can buy it yourself. Be noted that this bus go to Phnom Penh
Frequency: Depend on the bus company you choose, and it go to Phnom Penh.
Price: 10-12$/1 person/1way.
If you have plan to have holiday in Cambodia to worth your Cambodia visa, you can choose this option
STEP 3: You do exit Vietnam and get the Exit stamp on your passport at Vietnam Immigration Check-in counter at Moc Bai border (Vietnam side).
STEP 4: You enter Cambodia with an Entrance stamp on your passport at Cambodia Immigration Check-in counter at Bavet border (Cambodia side).
In case you are free for Cambodian visa, you can come to Immigration check-in counter and enter Cambodia directly.
If the Cambodian Visa is required, you can buy the Visa on arrival at Visa on arrival counter. The Cambodian Visa is available at the border without apply in advance. You will process this Visa on arrival on the spot and the visa fee is arround 35$.
*** Cambodia Evisa is recommended. You can apply for the Visa in advance here: https://www.evisa.gov.kh/Default.aspx (3 working days processing)
Depending on your purposes, you can leave Cambodia right away or stay in Cambodia for a while alternative. Then You do the exit procedure with exit stamp on your passport and leave Cambodia.
STEP 5: You go back to Moc Bai border, fill in the entry visa form, and present the original letter, original passport, photos you prepared in step 1, and pay for the stamp fee and get your visa done. The actual process may take around 15-20 minutes without hassle or trouble.
VIETNAM VISA ON ARRIVAL PROCEDURE AT MOC BAI BORDER CHECKPOINT
. We will instruct you step by step when we receive your email.
UPDATED INFORMATION: Moc Bai border checkpoint is still under contruction now. The alternative place for Immigration procedures will be in the house (The old supermartket) inside Moc Bai industrial zone. There are a lot of people come exit Vietnam a day, you can follow them.