June 9, 2020
Vietnam E-visa for Huu Nghi Landport
If you’re traveling by land into Vietnam and you came from China, you will be passing through the Huu Nghi Landport. Also known as the Friendship Gate, the Huu Nghi Landport is an important transportation link between the two countries. The border is located in the town of Lang Son, in Vietnam’s northern province and is less than 3 hours away from Hanoi.
For foreign visitors who needed a visa to enter Vietnam through the Huu Nghi Landport, getting the e-visa is highly recommended. This visa can easily be applied online and will only take a few minutes of your time. Once the visa is approved, you’ll get it through your email so you don’t need to go to the embassy to claim it.
General Information about the Vietnam E-visa for Huu Nghi Landport
To give you an idea, here is a general overview of the Vietnam e-visa:
- Also called the electronic visa, the Vietnam e-visa is issued by the Immigration Department of Vietnam to allow a foreign visitor to enter into the country.
- The Vietnam E-visa for Huu Nghi Landport can be used for tourism or business purposes. It’s good for single entry and will let you stay in Vietnam for one month or 30 days.
- The processing time of the e-visa will only take up to 3 business days from the date you submit your online application. You can pay more if you want it rushed.
- Aside from land ports, you can also use the e-visa to enter at more than 20 border entry points in Vietnam, including seaports and airports.
- You can apply for the e-visa online by filling out an application form. When the visa is approved, you will get it through email.
Requirements for e-Visa Application
In order for the Vietnam E-visa for Huu Nghi Landport to be approved, you need to provide the following requirements:
- Scanned copy of the passport’s biographical page. This includes your complete name, passport number, and other important information.
- Recent photo – you also need to upload a photo that’s recently taken. It must have a white background and in a jpeg format.
- Payment – you need to be ready with your card since you will be asked to pay for the processing fee. You can also pay with PayPal if you want.
Vietnam E-visa Processing Time
The Vietnam Immigration Dept. will process e-visa applications within 3 days. But if you need your visa urgently, there’s an option to pay for an extra fee for rush processing. With this option, you will get your e-visa in as fast as 24 hours.
The standard processing fee of the e-visa is $25, but this will also depend on the agency that will process the visa on your behalf. And if you will choose the rush processing option, you can expect to pay more. Take note that the processing fee is non-refundable. So if they don’t approve your visa for some reason, you can no longer get back the money you paid.
How To Apply for the Vietnam E-visa for Huu Nghi Landport
Here are the steps involved when applying for the Vietnam E-visa for Huu Nghi Landport:
- Go online and fill out the visa application form. Review all the details you entered before you go on to the next page.
- Upload the requirements, such as the scanned copy of your passport and your photo.
- Be ready with your card and click next to pay for the processing fee. Submit the form upon paying.
- After 3 business days, you’ll get an email that has instructions on how you can download and print the e-visa
- Make sure you bring a printed copy of the Vietnam e-visa when crossing the Huu Nghi Landport border.
Advantages of using Vietnam e-Visa via Huu Nghi Landport
You can choose to apply for other types of visas if you want. Aside from the e-visa, you can also apply for the standard visa from the Vietnam embassy in China. But this will take up a lot of time. For this option, you will need to schedule an appointment with a Vietnam embassy ahead of time. And once you get an appointment, you will have to go to the embassy to personally hand in your application. Then you will wait for several days or weeks for your visa to be processed. But if you will use the Vietnam e-Visa for Huu Nghi Landport, you do not have to do all these.
Applying for the Vietnam e-visa will take only a few minutes of your time. And since you will have to do it online, there’s no need to go to a Vietnam embassy to apply for the visa. You just simply fill out the application form and wait for an email for your visa copy.