Vietnam Visa On Arrival Is Now Available In Phu Quoc Island
It is now possible to obtain your Vietnam Visa at the Phu Quoc International Airport upon arrival (VOA). This is applicable to those who plan on visiting Phu Quoc Island by airplane with direct flight from outside Vietnam to Phu Quoc airport, travel in Phu Quoc and then want to visit other parts of Vietnam.
Phu Quoc’s current classification as a “Special Economic Zone” allows international travelers to stay on the island Visa-Free for up to 30 days (Visa fee to Phu Quoc island of Vietnam) and it is the only region in Vietnam that has a visa exemption policy in place, however those who arrive on the island under this exemption will not (*legally) be allowed to visit other parts of Vietnam without having the appropriate Visa.
As of March 2015 the Phu Quoc International Airport is now setup to process Vietnam Visa on arrival.
How To Get A Vietnam Visa On Arrival In Phu Quoc Airport?
Obtaining a Vietnam Visa On Arrival in Phu Quoc includes 2 processes:
1) Obtaining permission to legally enter the country in the form of an “Approval Letter”
2) Paying for the actual Vietnam Visa (also referred to as a “Stamping Fee”).
Both of these processes involves paying different fees. The fees for the “Approval Letter” varies depending on which agency you use. The stamping fee is fixed by the government of Vietnam.
In order to get a VOA at Phu Quoc, you need the following before you arrive at the Phu Quoc Airport:
– A valid passport that will not be expiring within the next 6 months
– A printed copy of your Approval Letter. Make sure your Approval Letter states that you will be landing in Phu Quoc.
– Two passport size photos
– US Dollars for the “Vietnam Visa Stamping Fee”: $45.00USD for a single entry visa regardless of the duration; $65.00USD for a 1 month multiple entry visa; or $95.00USD for a 3 month multiple entry visa.