The successful conclusion of the arrangement underscores the commitment of the U.S. and Vietnam to improve the bilateral relationship by expanding existing trade and economic opportunities and developing people-to-people ties.
This law is effective on August 30, 2016. US citizens now can apply for a 1 year multiple entries visa for Vietnam.
It does not matter how long you plan to stay in Vietnam. “All Visa applications of US citizens will be issued for 1 year multiple entries Visa.” Just 1 type of Visa is applied for citizens of America now, it is 1 year multiple entries visa. Other type of Visa, such as 1 month or 3 months visa is not valid anymore.
* Please note:
– Apply for US citizens only.
– Purpose of Visit is Tourist or Business
– Just 1 year multiple entries visa is available now for US citizens. Other types of Visa including: 1 month single and multiple entries, 3 months single and multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries is NO more valid
– With 1 year multiple entries visa, for 1 visit, you can stay maximum for 3 months. After 3 months, you must exit and come back again with a new 3 months of staying, until the expiry date of your 1 year Visa.
– The stamping fee at the airport for US citizens is 135.00 USD.