Please check the summary of all types of Chinese passports for the Vietnam eVisa:
|Country||Type of Passport||Visa on Arrival||eVisa Vietnam|
|China Mainland Passport||Old version – Passport number starts with letter “G”||✅||✅|
|China Mainland Passport||Chinese e-Passport – Passport number starts with letter “E”||✅||❌|
|Hong Kong Passport||Old version – Passport number starts with letter “K”||✅||✅|
|Hong Kong Passport||New version – Passport number starts with letter “H”||✅||❌|
|Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes (HKDI) [香港特別行政區簽證身份書]||Passport number starts with letter “D”||✅||❌|
|British National oversea – BNO||✅||❌|
|Macau Passport||Passport number starts with “MA”||✅||✅|
How to apply for Vietnam visa on arrival online?
1. Fill in the online application form directly here: https://www.vietnamimmigration.org/vietnam-visa-application-online
2. Use a credit or debit card to pay the visa processing fee (cost from 6 US dollars / person; Check the current fee for Vietnam Visa on arrival).
3. We will send you a visa approval letter via email within 2 business days or the same day as per your request, depending on whether you are using normal or emergency services.
4. On arrival, you are requested hand over your original passport, visa approval letter, completed immigration form ( NA1 Form), 02 passport photos and stamp ($25/single entry; $50 multiple entries) to the immigration officer at the landing visa officer to get visa stamp on your passport at the airport.
* Hong Kong new passport is the new type of Hong Kong passport which issued by Immigration Department of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region. The new type of passport is recognized with the passport number begin with letter H.
* Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes (HKDI) [香港特別行政區簽證身份書] is a biometric travel document issued by the Hong Kong Immigration Department to residents of Hong Kong who are unable to obtain a national passport.