Conditions to visit Phu Quoc Island with visa-free for 30 days
- Passport must be valid for more than six months from the entry date Vietnam (If your passport is about to expire, please renew it before you make the trip)
- Stay in the island less than 30 days.
- You must have a round trip ticket to and from Phu Quoc International Airport. Round-trip tickets show your flights to another place outside Vietnam.
- You have not violated Vietnam’s immigration laws before.
- Not on Interpol’s offense list.
30 Days Visa-free For Visitors Who Have Direct Flight To Phu Quoc International Airport
If you take the direct flight to Phu Quoc International Airport, you can easily get a 30-day visa-free for enjoy your trip in the beautiful island.
At your departure airport, you only need to present:
• Passport valid for at least 6 months from the entry date to Vietnam.
• Round trip tickets prove that you only stay in Phu Quoc Island for less than 30 days. Prepare the round ticket which shows information that you will stay in Phu Quoc Island only. Please print out all the tickets or related schedules about your trip to Phu Quoc. (If you book the flight ticket online, you can get the full e-ticket or itinerary via email. If you book via travel agency, please contact your agent to get a ticket or full itinerary).
* Below are some airlines provide the direct flights to Phu Quoc International Airport :
|Airlines||Airport of Departure|
|AirAsia||Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)|
|Bangkok Airways||Suvarnabhumi – Bangkok (Thailand)|
|China Southern Airlines||Guangzhou (China)|
|Okay Airways||Nanning (China)|
|Qingdao Airlines||Qingdao (China)|
|VietJet Air||Hong Kong (Hong Kong – China), Seoul–Incheon (Korea South)|
|Vietnam Airlines||Shanghai-Pudong (China), Wenzhou (China)|
Free Visa To Phu Quoc Island For 30 Days With Transfer / Transit Flight At International Airport In Vietnam
• Confirm that your passport is valid for at least 6 months
• Schedule or roundtrip tickets shows you will stay in Phu Quoc island only. Please print out all tickets or related schedules to prove that.
* Note: Transit or connecting flight to Phu Quoc airport from an international airports of Vietnam must depart IN SAME DAY and you have to stay in transit area for connecting flight to Phu Quoc.
Instructions for entry procedures:
❶ At your departure airport, please provide the relevant documents to make the flight to Vietnam.
❷ Arrive at one of five Vietnam International Airports, including: Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City), Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi city), Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho city), Da Nang International Airport (Da Nang city), Cat Bi International Airport (Hai Phong city).
❸ Go directly to the passport control counter (Passport control / Immigration check-in)
❹ Please present your passport and full return air ticket. By the way, please inform to the officer that you will travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in the island only.
❺ The officer will check and issue the entry for visa-free into your passport.
❻ Receive passport back (with free 30-day visa stamp inside)
❼ Then go to the baggage carousel to pick up your luggage (If any)
❽ Find the way to the domestic terminal to take the trip to Phu Quoc (Contact airport ground staff for directions to the domestic terminal).
❾ Get in the domestic terminal terminal to do procedures for the next flight to Phu Quoc Island.
* Currently, there are 4 airlines in Vietnam providing flights to Phu Quoc Island from the domestic terminal.
|Airlines||Airport of Departure|
|Bamboo Airways||Ha Noi City|
|Jetstar Pacific Airlines||Ha Noi City, Da Nang City and Ho Chi Minh City|
|VietJet Air||Hai Phong City Ha Noi City and Ho Chi Minh City|
|Vietnam Airlines||Can Tho City, Ha Noi City and Ho Chi Minh City|
>>> If you want to visit other cities in Vietnam after Phu Quoc, please apply for the Visa. Please apply here: https://www.vietnamimmigration.org/vietnam-visa-application-online