We have sent this question to the consulate of Vietnam in Hong Kong and they give us the answer that British National (Overseas) passport holders or British overseas citizens HAVE TO APPLY the visa to visit Vietnam.
Below is original answer of the consulate of Vietnam in Hong Kong for the question Do British National Overseas (BNO) passport holders or British overseas citizens need a Visa to visit Vietnam?
From July 01, 2015 to June 30, 2016, passport holders of the following countries will enjoy Vietnamese visa exemption for a maximum stay of 15 days: GERMANY, FRANCE, THE UNITED KINGDOM, ITALY, AND SPAIN
– The passport remains valid for at least 6 months beyond the proposed date of entry.
– The second entry only starts at least 30 days after the first entry.
– Foreigners holding British National Overseas (BNO) passports or British overseas citizens are not exempted from visa requirement, thus must have appropriate visas to enter Vietnam.
Visa on arrival is available for British National Overseas (BNO) from $6 only – 100% money back guarantee if you are not satisfied. You can apply Vietnam Visa online here and obtain the Visa on arrival.
Rights as a British overseas citizen
- hold a British passport
- get consular assistance and protection from UK diplomatic posts
Unless you’re also a British citizen:
- you’re still subject to immigration controls – you do not have the automatic right to live or work in the UK
- you are not considered a UK national by the European Union (EU)
- you are not exempted from Vietnam visa requirement