April 29, 2020
Using Vietnam E-visa For Entering The Country Via Ha Long City Airport
When it comes to the most popular tourist destinations in Vietnam, the Ha Long Bay definitely tops the list. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site that’s known for its towering limestone towers and emerald waters.
Some tourists would visit the Halong Bay as a day trip from Hanoi. But the travel time could take 5 – 6 hours, which can be very tiring. If you wanted an easy way to see the Halong Bay, you should consider flying into the Ha Long City Airport. Known as the Van Don International Airport, the Ha Long City Airport is only 30-min away from the Ha Long Bay. What’s more, the airport is equipped with modern facilities that cater to international passengers. As a matter of fact, you can use the Vietnam e-visa at Ha Long City Airport.
What Is A Vietnam E-visa?
Vietnam e-visa is an electronic visa that’s issued to foreign tourists of Vietnam. This is the type of visa that you can request online. You’ll be required to fill out the visa application form online in order to get this visa. Once it is approved, they will have it available for you to download online. After you download the visa, you just need to print it and you’re good to go. When you arrive at the Ha Long City airport, just present your visa and passport to the immigration officer and you can be allowed entry.
Vietnam e-visa Requirements
You are required to fill out a visa application form when getting the e-visa. It’s just like applying for a regular visa, but the difference is you’ll do it online. Aside from answering the form, you also need to submit certain requirements. Here are the requirements needed.
- Scanned copy of your passport’s bio page (Sample for passport’s bio page) – this is basically the colored page of your passport that shows your photo. This page also contains all relevant details about you, such as your name, nationality, and passport number. It’s important that your passport remains valid for at least 6 months from your entry date into the country.
- Passport-sized photo (Photo guide) – your photo must be in digital copy since you are going to submit this online. It must show your face clearly and be taken in a plain white background.
- Credit card or debit card – there’s a processing fee that you need to pay online when applying for the e-visa. Therefore, you should have your card ready for the payment.
- Valid email address – since your e-visa will be sent via email, then you are required to provide a valid email address.
How Much Is the Processing Fee for the Vietnam E-visa?
The processing fee for your e-visa is around $25. But this will vary depending on which online agency you applied for your e-visa. Also, if you will choose the rush option, then you are going to pay more. This is very useful for those who need their visa in an instant.
Take note that the e-visa processing fee that you will pay is non-refundable. So if you decide to cancel your trip, you can no longer get it back. Also, if your e-visa is rejected for certain reasons, you can no longer get your money back.
How to Apply for a Vietnam e-Visa via Ha Long City Airport
Applying for the Vietnam e-visa via Ha Long City Airport should be easy. The entire process is done online and all it takes is to fill out the visa application form. This should only take a few minutes of your time. Here are the steps on how to apply for the Vietnam e-visa for Ha Long City Airport.
- Go to the website for the Vietnam e-visa application.
- Fill out the form. Provide your name and other important details. Review everything before you proceed.
- Next, submit the requirements, such as the bio page of your passport. Submit your photo as well. When you’re done, click next.
- The next page is the payment page where you will enter your card information. You can also choose to pay through PayPal if you want.
- If the payment is successful, you’ll see a confirmation message to inform you that your visa is already in process.
After a few days, you’ll receive an email for your e-visa. Follow the instructions on how to download the visa and print a copy to bring to your trip.
How To Use the E-visa to Ha Long City Airport
It’s important that you bring a printed copy of the visa. Otherwise, you won’t be allowed to enter Vietnam at Ha Long City Airport. If possible, print two copies of the visa so you’ll have an extra copy in case you lose the other copy.
Upon arriving at Ha Long City airport, just go directly to Passport Control. Here, give your e-visa and passport and the Immigration Officer will stamp you for entry into the country.