November 6, 2020
Vietnam-Japan Travel Regulation: How To Get Vietnam Visa In Terms of Covid-19
Based on reciprocity, authorities of both Vietnam and Japan have agreed to allow short-term travel between the two countries. Also known as the Priority Travel Regulation, this process applies to short-term visitors from Japan who will be visiting Vietnam for less than 14 days for essential purposes.
The process will take effect on November 1, 2020, and will prioritize the entry of Japanese visitors who will perform essential activities in the country including trade, investments, diplomacy, high-tech labor, and public service. Here’s everything you need to know about the Priority Travel Regulation.
Who Can Enter Vietnam In This Covid 19 Season?
Subjects of Application of Regulations
The regulation applies to the following types of visitors:
All foreigners, including Japanese citizens and other nationalities coming from Japan. They must enter Vietnam for essential purposes, such as business managers, investors, public servants, experts, and diplomats, including their family members.
Process of Applying Regulations
Step 1 👉 Before flying to Vietnam:
1. Get approval from the People’s Committee of the province in Vietnam that you will be visiting. The company or organization that will be inviting you must get approval from the People’s Committee of the province where you plan to stay.
2. Request for a visa approval order from the Immigration Department of Vietnam.
Once you have the approval from the People’s Committee of the province, the next step is to request a visa approval order. It is the organization or company that will request a visa approval order on behalf of the visitor. This can be applied from Vietnam’s Immigration Department. Here are the steps:
- The welcoming organization or company must present the following documents to the Immigration Department – a certified copy of the permit on the establishment of the company and a document showing the seal and signature of the company’s authorized person.
- The company or organization that invited you into the country will get the results from the Immigration Department after 3 working days.
After getting the visa approval from Vietnam’s Immigration Department, the visitor can now apply for a visa from a Vietnam embassy in Japan. Take note that under this new regulation, all visitors are required to have a visa.
Step 2 👉 Book Your Ticket and Get on the Plane
When booking a ticket for your flight to Vietnam, it’s important that you present the following:
- A passport that’s valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry.
- Vietnam visa that was issued by the Vietnam embassy in Japan OR Visa Approval Letter approved by the Immigration Department of Vietnam.
Upon boarding, you will be required to submit a Covid-19 test showing a negative result, along with the documents mentioned above. Take note that the Covid-19 test certificate must be taken at least 1 – 2 days prior to departure.
Step 3 👉 At The Entry Gate
Here are the procedures to follow upon arrival at the airport of Vietnam:
- Present the negative Covid-19 certificate.
- Fill out the electronic medical declaration and undergo a body temperature check. If you are showing any signs or symptoms, you will immediately be isolated.
- Install the Bluezone medical tracking device on your phone.
- Wait for the representative of your sponsor to pick you up and bring you to your accommodation. Take note that you will not be allowed to take public transport. You should only take a private vehicle to go to your place of accommodation.
Step 4 👉 At the Accommodation
When you arrive at your accommodation, this is what will happen:
- The People’s Committee of the province will send a medical staff that will take Real-time PCR sampling and testing upon your arrival.
- If your test result returns negative for Covid-19, you will be allowed to leave your accommodation and go on with your transactions.
- After 2 days, you will be tested for Covid-19 again. Take note that the test will be performed every 2 days during your stay. You will also be tested a day before you leave Vietnam.
It’s very important that you strictly abide by the rules implemented in your accommodation and place of work in Vietnam.
Notes for Diplomatic and Official Visitors
For visitors who are coming for an official visit or diplomatic purposes, the same procedures above will apply.
VIP guests who are in the ranks of Deputy Minister or equivalent position or higher, the following rules will apply:
- There’s no need to submit a negative Covid-19 certificate
- They will not be required to install the Bluezone medical tracking device.
- There will not be a Covid-19 test upon entry.
- They will not undergo a Covid-19 test before leaving the country.
The rules and regulations for entry into Vietnam are very complicated these days. There are new updates from time to time so if you plan on going to Vietnam, you must be updated with the latest regulations. Remember that these regulations were put in place to ensure the safety of Vietnamese citizens and all foreign visitors.
For further inquiries, please feel free to contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org