April 30, 2020
Vietnam visa requirement for British National Oversea (BNO) passports
Foreigners holding British National Oversea (BNO) passports are not exempted from visa requirement, thus must have appropriate visas to enter Vietnam.
How to get Vietnam visa for BNO passport holder?
There are 2 ways for you to get a Vietnam visa:
1. Apply for your Vietnam visa in a Vietnam Embassy / Consulate:
You can come in person to the Vietnam embassy in your country and you will be instructed step by step on how to apply for a Vietnam visa there. By this way, you have to come directly to the Vietnam embassy at least two times. The first time you come there is to submit required documents and the second one coming there is to get your Vietnam visa.
For your convenience, we would like to give you the contact information of the Vietnam embassy to contact for your visa application.
In case you are living in UK or Hong Kong, here below is the information for you:
Embassy of Vietnam in London, United Kingdom
- Address: 12-14 Victoria Road, London W8 5RD, United Kingdom
- Telephone: 0207 937 1912
- Fax: 0207 565 3853 or 0207 937 6108
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://vnembassy-london.mofa.gov.vn
- Monday – Friday (excluding holidays)
- Consul: 9:30 AM – 12:30 PM (visas, passports, legalization)
- Office: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- The embassy of Vietnam will be closed on the public holidays of both Vietnam and the United Kingdom.
Consulate General of Vietnam In Hong Kong
- Address: 15/F, Great Smart Tower, 230 Wan Chai Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
- Tel: (852) 2591-4510; 2591-4517; 2835-9358; 2835-9398
- Fax:(852) 2591-4524
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://vnconsulate-hongkong.mofa.gov.vn/
Working time : Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 12:30 pm; 14:00 pm – 17:00 pm
- On the occasion of New Year, Lunar New Year and other public holidays of Vietnam and China, the Consulate will be closed
2. Apply online to obtain an approval letter to pick up your Vietnam visa at Vietnam international airports (in case you travel by air to Vietnam)
Regarding apply online to obtain a visa approval letter to pick up visa at a Vietnam international airport, there are 3 options based on the purpose of your visit:
- Vietnam visa for business purpose with validity for 1 month, 3 months or 6 months.
- Vietnam visa for tourist purpose with validity for 1 month only.
To apply for a Vietnam visa, please follow the simple steps as below:
- Visit our website www.vietnamimmigration.org to fill in the online application form.
- Make payment for us (service fee) as per instructions. Please see Vietnam visa fee for update.
- Obtain your visa approval letter via email in 2 working days.
In 2 business days, you’ll get the pre-approval letter through email. Print the letter as well as the blank application form (Vietnamese-visa-application-form (Form NA1)) that you will receive.
Bring the letter to your trip to Vietnam. When you arrive at an International Airport of Vietnam, go directly to the Visa Landing counter. Submit the requirements mentioned above and they will attach a visa to your passport.
Applying for the Vietnam Visa on Arrival will not take plenty of time. This is more convenient than visiting a Vietnam embassy or consulate. Above all, the visa will let you stay in Vietnam for up to 90 days, which is perfect for those who plan to stay in Vietnam for a much longer time.