February 15, 2022
Vietnam reopen visa application (e-visa & visa on arrival) for citizens of Poland starting from March 15, 2022
In order to curtail the spread of coronavirus, also known as Covid 19, Vietnam has temporarily stopped issuing visas since last March 2020. The suspension of visa applies to all types of visas and affects all foreign visitors, except for special reasons, such as diplomatic visits.
But the visa suspension was only temporary and Vietnam is now accepting visa applications. In fact, the country is hoping to invite more visitors into their country in order to bounce back from the loss brought about by the Covid 19 pandemic. For Polish citizens who are planning to visit Vietnam, there are two types of visas that you can apply. First is the e-visa and the other is the visa on arrival. Here’s how you can apply for these visas.
How Can Polish Citizens Apply for the Vietnam E-visa?
Applying for the e-visa is so easy. You just need to fill out an application form online. With this visa, you can save yourself from the hassles of going to an embassy, or queuing at the airport or at some travel agencies. Here’s how you can apply for the e-visa.
- Open the website for the e-visa application. Fill out the form online with your complete name, date of birth, and other important details. Review the spelling before you proceed to the next page.
- On the next page, provide your passport’s bio copy and the digital copies of your photo in the jpeg format. Upload the requirements and proceed to the next page.
- Next, get your credit card and pay for the processing fee. This will cost you around $25. It’s also possible to pay with PayPal. Submit your payment and wait for a confirmation message.
- After a few days, you’ll receive an email about the status of your e-visa. If it’s approved, you will be given a link to download a copy of the e-visa. After you download a copy, print it out.
How Can Polish Citizens Apply for the Vietnam Visa on Arrival
Another Vietnam visa that Polish citizens can apply is the Visa on Arrival. For this visa, you’re going to register online ahead of your trip. After you register, you’ll be given an approval letter, which you need to show at the airport’s visa counter in order to be given the visa sticker. Here’s how you can apply for the visa on arrival.
- Register online and provide your details at the application form provided. Double-check all the details you entered before you submit the form.
- After a few days, you will receive an email that contains the pre-approval letter. You will also receive a blank copy of the visa application form. Fill out the form in advance to save time at the airport.
- When you arrive in Vietnam, go directly to the visa counter. Here, submit the pre-approval letter, application form, and your passport. There will be a stamping fee of $25 and you can only pay this in cash.
- You’ll be asked to wait on one side. Once your visa is ready, the officer will call you back and give you your passport with the visa in it.
What’s The Best Vietnam Visa for Citizens of Poland?
Polish citizens are qualified for both the e-visa and visa on arrival. So which of these visas should they choose?
This depends on how long you plan on staying in Vietnam. The e-visa is only good for 30 days so if your trip is less than a month, then this visa can work best for you. But for those who need multiple entry visas and would like to be in Vietnam for more than 30 days, then the visa on arrival is what you should go for. When you apply for the visa on arrival, you need to indicate whether you need a single or multiple entry visas. Plus, you can choose whether you need 30 days or 60 days for the validity.
But it’s important to remember that the visa on arrival is only available at the airports. If you are crossing borders or are going on a cruise, the e-visa is what you should choose.
When Should You Apply for your Visa?
All foreign visitors who need a visa to Vietnam are encouraged to apply at least two weeks prior to their trip. This is to allow ample time for the Vietnam Immigration to process your visa. Now that Vietnam has just started issuing visas after suspending it for years, there will surely be a surge of visa applications soon. So to avoid any delays, you better apply for your visa as soon as possible. But if you need the visa very urgently, go ahead and pay for the rush option. It’s going to cost you more but you could get your visa within the day!