February 15, 2022
Vietnam reopen visa application (e-visa & visa on arrival) for citizens of Sweden starting from March 15, 2022
Because of the Covid 19 outbreak, the number of foreign arrivals in Vietnam has dropped rapidly from last March 2020. This was also because the country has decided to temporarily stop issuing visas. The decision was made in order to prevent the virus from further spreading into the country.
Thankfully, things are now trying to go back to a normal situation. Because of this, the Vietnam government has decided to accept the visa application once again. So all foreign visitors, including Swedish nationals, can now apply for their visa to Vietnam. But which visa should you apply? How do you apply for a Vietnam visa? Read on to find out.
👉 Requirements for International Tourists to Enter Vietnam Starting March 15, 2022
Do Swedish Citizens Need a Visa to Enter Vietnam?
The Swedish nationals are among those foreigners who are exempted from the visa. They are allowed to enter Vietnam visa-free, but they can only stay up to 15 days. If you want a month-long vacation in Vietnam, then you need to apply for a visa. With a visa, you can stay in the country for more than 15 days. You also have the option to apply for a multiple-entry visa with a maximum stay of 90 days.
There are two types of Vietnam visas that the citizens of Sweden can apply – e-visa and visa on arrival. With the e-visa, you can stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days or one month. But this is only good for a single entry. As for the visa on arrival, you can choose between single entry and multiple entry visas. You can also choose whether you want a 30-day or 90-day visa.
Both the e-visa and visa on arrival should be easy to apply. As a matter of fact, both visas can be applied online. But the only difference is that the e-visa will be issued immediately while the visa on arrival needs to be claimed at the airport when you arrive.
How Can Swedish Citizens Apply for the Vietnam E-visa?
The e-visa is the easiest type of Vietnam visa that Swedish citizens can apply. All you need to do is fill out the form online. In less than 10 minutes, you’ll be done with your application. Here’s how.
- Open the online visa application form for Vietnam e-visas. Enter all the information that it asks, such as your complete name, date of birth, nationality, etc. Review all information very carefully. If you’re certain that everything is correct, proceed to the next page.
- On the next page, you will be asked to upload your passport’s bio page so make sure you have that ready. You also need to submit a photo in jpeg format. The photo should be in white background and must clearly display your face.
- On the next page, you’ll be asked to make a payment for the processing fee. So prepare your debit card or credit card. You may also pay through PayPal. Submit your e-visa application and wait for an email confirmation.
- After 3 business days, they will email you the status of your visa. If it’s approved, you’ll get a link to download the visa in PDF format. After you download the file, print it out and bring it on your trip to Vietnam.
How Can Swedish Citizens Apply for the Vietnam Visa on Arrival
For Swedish nationals who wanted to stay in Vietnam for more than a month and would prefer a visa that will grant them multiple entries, the visa on arrival is your best bet. Take note that before you can claim this visa from the airport, you are required to register ahead. Here’s how.
- Go online to register. Fill out the application form with your name and other important details. Review the form and submit if everything is correct.
- After 3 – 5 business days, you will receive an email regarding your visa. If it’s approved, you’ll get a pre-approval letter. You need to print this letter because you will show this at the visa-landing counter in order to be given the visa.
- When you arrive at the airport of Vietnam, proceed to the Visa Landing counter. Submit all your paperwork, including the pre-approval letter and your passport. Pay for the stamping fee then wait on one side.
- Once your visa is ready, the officer will call you back to the counter. He will then give you back your passport and it will already have the Vietnam visa sticker.
Take note that you can only use the visa on arrival if you’re entering Vietnam through its airports. That’s because the visa landing counters are only stationed at the airports. So if you’re entering through the seaport or land border checkpoints, then the e-visa is what you should get.