April 23, 2020
Visa On Arrival
Vietnam Visa on Arrival via Lien Khuong Airport
If you’re planning to visit the beautiful city of Da Lat, then you should take a direct flight to Lien Khuong International Airport. This is the biggest airport in the Province of Lam Dong, which is located in the Central Highlands region of Vietnam. The airport is about 30 km south of the city center of Da Lat. It serves both domestic and international flights.
For International passengers who needed a visa before they can enter Vietnam, the Visa on Arrival would be a great visa to use when entering at Lien Khuong Airport. The visa is so easy to apply. Here’s what you need to know about using the Vietnam Visa on Arrival at Lien Khuong Airport.
What Is Visa on Arrival?
The Visa on Arrival is one of those Vietnam visas that you can use to enter Vietnam for tourism. As the name suggests, this is a visa that you will get on arrival. However, before flying to Da Lat, you need to apply for this visa in advance. The process of applying for this visa is so easy since it will only require you to fill out an application form online. There’s no longer a need to go to the Vietnam embassy. After they approve your visa application, they will send a pre-approval letter to your email. Submit this letter along with the other requirements at Lien Khuong Airport in order to claim a visa sticker.
The best thing about this visa is that it will give you an option to choose between a single entry and a multiple-entry type of visa. Plus, you can also choose whether you need the 30-day or 90-day validity. So if you’re planning to stay in Vietnam longer, then this visa is what you should get.
Importance of Pre-approval Letter for your Visa on Arrival
Unlike the other countries that offer a visa on arrival where you can just show up at the airport and apply for your visa from there, Vietnam’s visa on arrival will require you to apply for the visa in advance. In exchange, you will be given a pre-approval letter. This letter is what you will present at the Lien Khuong International Airport of Da Lat in order to be given a visa.
The pre-approval letter will be given to you online. It will be sent via email and will come in a PDF file. All you need to do is download the file and print a copy. The email will also include a blank application form. You need to print the form as well and fill it up in advance.
Requirements of Vietnam Visa on Arrival via Lien Khuong International Airport
Aside from the pre-approval letter, there are other requirements that you need to give at the Visa Landing counter and get your visa. So here’s a list of the requirements needed for your Vietnam visa on arrival via Lien Khuong Airport:
- Pre-approval letter – the letter is the most important requirement that you need to submit to get your visa. Also, when you check-in for your flight, some airlines will be asking you for your Vietnam visa. You need to show them the letter because this is proof that you’ll get your visa when you arrive.
- Passport – it’s very important that you have your passport because this is where the visa sticker will be attached. It must be valid for at least 6 months from your date of entry in Vietnam.
- Application form – this is the blank application form that you need to fill out in advance. Vietnamese-visa-application-form (Form NA1)
- Photos – you need to submit photos in 4 x 6 size. It should be taken in a white background. Photo Guide.
- Cash – for the stamping fee, you are required to pay it in cash, either in USD currency or Vietnam dong. It will cost around $25. See Vietnam visa fees update.
How To Apply for the Visa on Arrival via Lien Khuong International Airport
Here are the steps on how to apply for the visa on arrival for your trip to Da Lat.
- First, register online. Fill out the form with your complete name, nationality, birth date, and other important details. You also need to indicate on which airport you plan on claiming the visa. In this case, you need to choose Lien Khuong Airport.
- Choose the visa that you need, whether it’s a single entry or multiple entries and whether you need the 30 days or 90 days validity. Review everything and submit.
- After a few days, you will receive an email from the Vietnam Immigration. If it’s approved, they will give you a copy of the pre-approval letter. They will also include the blank application form in it.
- As you arrive in Lien Khuong Airport, look for the Visa Landing counter since this is where you need to submit the requirements. In a few minutes, they will give you back your passport with a visa attached to it.
PERHAPS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
If you’re going to Dalat for your holiday, you may want to consider flying to the city directly. Since Dalat is becoming one of Vietnam’s most popular tourist destinations, the city’s main airport, Lien Khuong Airport, is now accepting several International flights.
The Lien Khuong International Airport is located only about 30km south of the Da Lat City Centre. It serves almost all the regional airlines that connect Da lat with Hanoi, Hue, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh and Hai Phong.
If Vietnam is not in your travelling bucket list, it’s time to add it now. There are so many places to visit in Vietnam, but we would suggest the Da Lat city.
Are you planning to check-in Da Lat in Vietnam? Then you have to visit Vietnam via Lien Khuong Airport! Before you apply for a visa to check in Da Lat, you should find a reliable way to apply for your visa. Totally, you have three ways to apply for your Vietnam visa.