The Government of the Socialist Republic of Viet Nam and the Government of the Republic of Costa Rica, hereinafter referred to as “the Parties”;
Desiring to strengthen the existent friendly relations between the two countries;
Wishing to facilitate the entry into, departure from and movement between two countries of the citizens – holding valid diplomatic or service/official passports,
Have agreed as follows:
1. Citizens of one Party, holding valid diplomatic or service/official passports, shall be exempted from visa requirements for the entry into, exit from and transit through the territory of the other Party for the maximum period of ninety (90) days.
2. Either Party may extend, in accordance with its laws and regulations, the duration of stay for the persons referred to in paragraph 1 of this Article upon requests in writing of the Diplomatic Mission or Consular Posts of the other Party whose citizens the passport holders are.
Citizens of one Party, holding valid diplomatic or service/official passports, being members of the Diplomatic Mission or Consular Posts or representatives to international organizations located in the territory of the other Contracting Party, as well as their spouse and children holding valid diplomatic or service/official passports shall be exempted from visa requirements for the entry into, exit from and stay in the territory of the other Party for a period of ninety (90) days. After this period, they shall be granted an appropriate visa or residence permit with validity till the end of their assignment.
Citizens of either Party, mentioned in Articles 1 and 2 of this Agreement, may enter, leave and transit through the territory of the other Party at all border crossing points open to international passenger traffic.
1. Citizens of either Party have the obligation to observe laws and regulations of the other Party during their stay in the latter’s territory.
2. The Agreement does not restrict the right of one Party to deny the entry into or shorten the stay in its territory of any citizen of the other Party, considered as undesirable according to the former’s laws and regulations and international conventions of which both the Parties are members.
Either Party may temporarily suspend the application of this Agreement, totally or partially, for reasons of security, public order or public health. The Party which decides to temporarily suspend or denounce the suspension of a part or the whole Agreement, shall immediately inform the other Party of such a decision through diplomatic channels.
1. The Parties shall exchange, through diplomatic channels, specimens of their diplomatic and service/official passports within thirty (30) days after the signing of this Agreement.
2. The Parties shall convey to each other through the diplomatic channels specimens of the new diplomatic and service/official passports at least sixty (60) days prior to its use.
Any dispute arising from the interpretation and implementation of this Agreement will be settled amicably through diplomatic channels.
1. This Agreement shall be effective for indefinite period and shall enter into force thirty (30) days after receiving by the Parties of the last written notifications confirming the completion of their respective internal procedures required for the entry into force of this Agreement.
2. This Agreement may be amended and/or supplemented in writing by mutual consent of the Parties through diplomatic channels.
3. This Agreement may be terminated by either Party, by written notification, through diplomatic channels, which shall take effect after ninety (90) days from the date of the receipt of such notification of the other Party.
Done at Hanoi, on the 4th of July 2012, in duplicate in English.
For orginal copy of the agreement, please see Announcement No 21:2016:TB-LPQT Regarding Agreement Between Vietnam And Costa Rica On Visa Exemption For Diplomatic Or Service:Official Passports Holders
THE STATE BANK OF VIETNAM Circular No. 15/2011/TT-NHNN of August 12, 2011, providing the carrying of foreign-currency and Vietnam-dong cash by persons on entry or exit Pursuant to June 16, 2010 Law No.
Vietnam’s National Assembly has recently revealed that they are amending the law on immigration and residency of foreigners in Vietnam. These amendments were revealed last November 2019 and will come into effect on July 2020.
Vietnam has recently amended the Law on Foreigner’s entry and exit into and from the country (Vietnam Immigration Law Update 2020). The law also covers those transiting and residing in Vietnam.
Vietnam’s National Assembly has recently passed a law that amends the existing laws of Vietnam Immigration (Vietnam Immigration Law 2020) when it comes to issuing visas to foreign visitors. The new laws apply to the entry, exit, transit, and residence visas in Vietnam.
This summer, the New Immigration Laws of Vietnam (2020) are said to undergo major changes. In doing so, they hope to attract more foreign visitors while still making sure that illegal workers and criminals won’t be able to get into the country.