February 15, 2022
Vietnam reopen visa application (e-visa & visa on arrival) for citizens of Malta starting from March 15, 2022
From March 2020, countries around the world have scrambled to contain the rapid spread of a deadly virus known as Covid 19. Because of this, some world leaders have decided to close each of their respective borders by temporarily shutting down their airports and canceling flights. Vietnam, on its part, has decided to temporarily stop visa issuance. This is a truly unfortunate decision to make since Vietnam has a booming tourism industry.
Thankfully, the world is trying to go back to normal now. Thus, Vietnam has once again started issuing visas to all foreign visitors. Therefore, if you are a citizen of Malta and you’re thinking about visiting Vietnam soon, you can now start with your visa application.
👉 Requirements for International Tourists to Enter Vietnam Starting March 15, 2022
Applying for Vietnam Visa for Citizens of Malta
As a citizen of Malta, you are among those nationalities that need a visa to enter Vietnam. There are two types of visa that you are eligible to apply. One is the e-visa, which you can get online. The other is the visa on arrival, which you can apply in advance and claim at the airport when you arrive.
If your holiday is only less than a month, the e-visa should be a good option for you. This is good for single entry and will let you stay in Vietnam for up to a month. What’s great about this visa is that you can easily apply for it online. You don’t need to leave your home, just as long as you have an Internet connection. This type of visa is acceptable in different points of entry in the country. You can use it to enter through the airport, seaport, or land border entry points.
But if you needed a multiple entry visa, the visa on arrival is what you should choose. When you apply for this visa, you will be asked to choose from single entry or multiple entry visas. You even get to choose the validity days of the visa, whether it’s 30 days or 90 days. But this visa will only work if you’re entering Vietnam through its airports. That’s because the visa counter where this visa can be claimed are only stationed at the airports.
How to Apply for the Vietnam E-visa for Citizens of Malta
If you want the easiest way to get your visa to Vietnam, then you should go for the e-visa. Applying for this visa online will only take a few minutes of your time. All you need to do is to connect to the Internet, open the website for the e-visa application, and follow these steps.
- Provide all the information that the application form requires. Enter your complete name, birthdate, nationality, and some details from your passport. Be very careful with the spelling. Double-check before you proceed so as to avoid any problems.
- Click the next button to proceed to the next page. Here, you will be asked to provide some requirements, such as the scanned copy of your passport’s bio page. You also need to submit digital copies of your photos in a jpeg format. Upload the requirements and proceed to the next page.
- Get your credit card to pay for the processing fee. This will cost you around $25. You can also choose to pay with your PayPal account.
- After 3 business days, you will receive an email. If they have approved your visa, they will provide instructions on how to download your e-visa copy. Print the visa and this is what you’ll show the border in Vietnam to be allowed entry.
How to Apply for the Vietnam Visa on Arrival for Citizens of Malta
Even though the visa on arrival is a visa that you’ll only get in the country when you arrive, you are required to register for this visa in advance. You will be given a letter, which you will show at the visa counter to claim your visa. Here’s how you
- Fill out the application form online to pre-register. Enter your complete name and other important details. Again, make sure you enter all details correctly. Don’t be in such a hurry and review the form before you go on to the next page.
- After a few days, you’ll get an email for the pre-approval letter. You will also receive a blank application form along with that letter. Print these documents and fill out the form.
- Upon arriving at the airport of Vietnam, look for the Visa Landing Section. Proceed to the counter and submit your requirements, including the pre-approval letter. Prepare cash worth $25 to pay for the stamping fee. If you don’t have Vietnamese dong, you can pay in US Dollar currency. Then you’ll be asked to wait while they process your visa.
- Once your visa is ready, you will be called back to the visa counter. They will give you back your passport. Check your passport and you’ll find the visa sticker in it.