November 12, 2019
My Vietnam Trip: Why Did I Choose Visa On Arrival?
My name is Delilah Jane Van Den Berg, I am from Amsterdam and my nationality stands as a Dutch. For the past five months I have been planning to take my higher studies from a good and reputed international university. After coming to a decision of my own I have selected the country of Vietnam, as my destination for higher studies. The Vietnam National University of Technology in Hanoi is my ideal selection to spend my college years as I wish to take my Master’s degree on arts and humanities.
For me to choose Vietnam can be considered as a love for the country, but there are many reasons that come along with it. I have known the country to be filled with rich long history, and the culture and traditional thoughts can be traced back to thousands of years. The history of Vietnam have been kept well-preserved for the generations to explore, discover and learn. After I started to uncover the history of this beautiful country, I have come to notice that, the history of this country is multi-dimensional.
Therefore, over the time the Vietnamese culture, public health, frameworks have all evolved throughout different periods, and there are many things to see and learn about the great Vietnam War. Apart from everything, I have come to find the country to be attached very much with nature and the people of Vietnam adore their traditions and heritage.
My reasons of choosing an E-visa rather than going to the embassy?
I have made a good amount of research on the purpose of having an E-visa to enter the country. I have heard from my cousins that how compulsory it is to have an E-visa for Vietnam, as they were the one who told me about it. However, I have taken the step of choosing E-visa as my ultimate way to enter the country rather than taking the trip to the Vietnamese embassy. Therefore, to support my answer, I have provided some basic points for choosing E-visa.
- One of the main reasons I chose the Vietnam E-visa was for its convenience and simple process of applying it online. This is because, the E-visa procedure does not want any required documents that is required to be submitted to Vietnamese embassy or consulate. It gives me the chance to apply for an e-visa no matter, which corner of the world I am located. When compared to visa on arrival where you can enter from 5 different airports, but through e-visa I have been given the privilege to enter Vietnam through any 8 international airports, 7 seaports, and 13 international border gates of the country, respectively.
- Applicants like me who follow a tight-time budget, E-visa is the best and the ideal choice for us. For me, it is like a life-saver since I do not have to travel to the Vietnam Embassy to get the job done. The application procedure takes about 3 minutes to complete, and it might take longer than that, for which you need to have a good internet connection. Lastly, once you obtain the e-visa in advance, it prevents me from standing long hours in the queue at the airport, just to get the stamp. Overall, E-visa is the best way through which it will help in me a good amount of time, money and energy.
- When applying for an E-Visa, there will no requirements for extra expenditure on the required documents and the travel cost. When I was applying for my online visa, I only had to pay 43.33NLG (Dutch guilder), which is $25 in US currency. Within 3 working days, it was directed that I would get my E-visa through email, and gradually I did. For me, this is one of the best and inexpensive way to obtain a visa, where there is no extra cost involved and helped save my money for a better use.
The E-visa procedure
The e-visa process of applying for and e-visa and the required documentations are provided below.
- A passport that carries a six months validity.
- A recent photos taken in standard-passport size. (Note: The picture to contain a full face with eyes open without the glasses, and the background should be white.) Photo Guide
- The application for e-visa needs to carry all the accurate details. This is because, any type of minor mistake can lead to a visa rejection in the last minute.
- A valid email address is compulsory where the visa will be sent, and an active credit card for the application fee.
The application procedure:
- Starting off, I was required to fully complete the E-visa online by providing all my personal and necessary information.
- The second step was to provide my passport-sized photo and the copy of the origin passport. The copy, which I provided is the scan of the page that contains all my personal information.
- My submission and payment was successful in the first attempt, and I received my E-visa within 3 working days.
So, if you are also looking for e-visa approval for Vietnam, here’s a quick guide for you. Hope this information will help you thoroughly.