November 2, 2019
Update information about Vietnam E-Visa 2020
Find Out All That You Need To Know About The Vietnam E-Visa 2020
One of the most sought travel destinations in Eastern Asia these days is Vietnam. From eye catching scenery to colorful markets, from steep mountains to crystal clear lakes, old colonial styled bungalows and its amazing culture, Vietnam is truly a complete experience in itself. This is why thousands of foreign tourists flock to Vietnam each year to bask in its beauty. A quick look at statistical reports will reveal the situation effectively. From 2017 till date, there has been a whopping 19.9% increase in the number of international tourists. The Vietnam e-visa 2020 has further facilitated the entry of foreign tourists.
However, as with all foreign destinations, the first question that arises for the foreign nationals traveling to Vietnam is about the visa. If you too are planning to visit Vietnam any time soon, then considering the option of Vietnam e-visa 2020 for which you can apply online may be a good option to consider.
What is Vietnam E-Visa?
The Vietnam e-visa 2020 is a way of getting your visa process done online through simple procedures. Thus it saves you the efforts of applying for the long, traditional way of getting a visa. However, it is important to take note here that the online Vietnam e-visa is open to citizens of 81 nations (Country list for Vietnam e-visa) from around the world.
The entire period of getting your visa processed does not exceed a period of 2 or 3 working days in accordance to the Vietnamese calendar so not only is this process hassle free, it is equally fast as well. In fact in certain cases where there is an urgency to get the visa, rush processing is also available. The validity of this e-visa is limited to 30 days with single entry only.
Additional details on the e-visa
Now that you have understood what the Vietnam e-visa 2020 stands for, it may be worth your interest to find out some more details regarding it, which are essential for you to know before you go ahead and take a decision regarding your visa:
- It is very important for you to take note of the time period of the visa. The Vietnam e-visa 2020 is valid only for a period of 30 days with a single entry. The calculation for this is done considering the proposed date of entry that you had already mentioned in your e-Visa application. Thus if you enter Vietnam with an e-visa you cannot stay there beyond the 30th day of your initial entry.
- If you are willing to extend your stay in Vietnam after the period of the e-visa is passed, then you must consider applying for an entirely new visa in accordance with the Vietnam Immigration Law on foreigners regarding entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam.
- For minors who are above 14 years, the entire visa procedure needs to be followed. In case of minors under 14, a mention has to be made in the parents’ e-visa.
- A copy of the e-visa must be carried at all times when one is within Vietnamese territory and they must comply with the local laws.
- However, before you go ahead to apply for your e-visa, make sure that you have been through the list of nations that are eligible (Country list for Vietnam e-visa) to apply for the e-visa online.
Requirements for your e-visa to Vietnam
There are certain requirements that need to be kept in mind while applying for Vietnam e-visa 2020:
- A passport with 6 months validity is mandatory
- Your own passport size photo as well as a photo of your full passport data page in the .jpg format.
- A valid international debit card and a valid e mail address for all communications.
- The dates of your travel as well as a mention of the entry and exit points.
Further there are some more conditions that are required to be fulfilled in order to get your visa:
- You must be an outside Vietnam foreigner.
- You must hold a valid passport.
- You must not be suspended from entry into the Vietnamese territory vide the Article 21 of Law on Foreigners.
Entirely online procedure
The entire process of applying for your Vietnam e-visa 2020 to receiving confirmation and the visa itself is all carried out online. You will receive an e-mail on the mail id mentioned in your application regarding this along with instructions on how to enter Vietnam. Once you receive it, make sure you have been through all the information correctly.
Validity of your e-visa
The e-visa that you receive is valid across 33 international check points in Vietnam including 8 international airports, 16 land ports and 9 international sea ports as well (List-of-port that accept for e-visa). Upon entry you must first submit your passport along with your e-visa to the Passport control counter for checking in Vietnam. You will also require your Vietnam e-visa 2020 at the time of departure from Vietnam.
If you want further extension on the period of your stay, it can be done from only within Vietnam and in conformation with the clauses of Vietnam Immigration Law for foreigners. With these tips, get your visa approved and step out for your Vietnam tour today!