November 2, 2019
Crucial Details on Vietnam Border Crossings for the eVisa Holders
The expansive landscape of Vietnam, which covers an area of 1,650 km from north to south, has always attracted travelers from far and wide. From the 3,000 km long coastline to the other unforgettable vistas, the country has a lot to offer to the travelers.
If you are planning to come to this beautiful country, you need to have sufficient information beforehand regarding e-Visa and Border gate accept for Vietnam e-visa. So, read on to know more about the places from where you get to enter Vietnam either by sea or air. We have listed all the necessary information about the ports of entry into the country, including other crucial details about how you can travel to Vietnam from the neighboring countries.
Border crossings at Vietnam
Vietnam has a couple of border locations that you can cross to come into the country. So, basically, there are three kinds of border crossings here: sea, air, and land. You have the freedom to choose any port of entry depending on your itinerary and travel plans. But, you will still need to know about the border crossings, their location, and if the immigration authorities and whether or not there is border gate accept for Vietnam e-visa.
The three categories of Border gate accept for Vietnam e-visa are:
- International airports
- Land crossing, and
- Seaports (entry by boat)
International airports in Vietnam
There are eight international airports in Vietnam at present, where the e-Visa is currently accepted. Given below is the list of international airports in the country, along with the location and airport code, where you can present the e-Visa.
- Can Tho International Airport, Cần Thơ (VCA)
- Da Nang International Airport, Da Nang (DAD)
- Cat Bi International Airport, Hai Phong (HPH)
- Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi (HAN)
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport, Ho Chi Minh City (SGN)
- Phu Bai International Airport, Huế (HUI)
- Cam Ranh International Airport, Nha Trang (CXR)
- Phu Quoc International Airport, Phú Quốc (PQC)
The land border crossings
Backpackers usually enter Vietnam by bus, and there are several land border crossings where border gate accept for Vietnam e-visa is available. The following is a list of sixteen land border crossings in the country for those traveling by bus.
- Xa Mat
- Tay Trang
- Tinh Bien
- Song Tien
- Na Meo
- Nam Can
- Mong Cai
- Moc Bai
- La Lay
- Lao Cai
- Lao Bao
- Huu Nghi
- Ha Tien
- Cha Lo
- Cau Treo
- Bo Y
The seaport border crossings
For those planning to enter Vietnam by sea routes, it is important to research well on the seaports to know if the border gate accept for Vietnam e-visa is accepted there. Here is a list of nine seaports in the country where the e-Visa can be shown for entry.
- Vung Tau Seaport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
Entering Vietnam from nearby countries
If you are a citizen of a neighboring country of Vietnam, then you can take several specific land routes to enter the country. This is specifically applicable to travelers from the countries of Cambodia, Laos, and China, and we hope the following information will be helpful to you.
Entering Vietnam from Cambodia
There are five border checkpoints from where you can enter Vietnam, if you are from Cambodia, like:
- Ha Tien Landport (also called Xa Xia Landport in My Duc village, Ha Tien town, Kien Giang province, Vietnam)
- Moc Bai Landport (in Loi Thuan village, Ben Cau district, Tay Ninh province, Vietnam)
- Song Tien Landport (in Vinh Xuong village, Tan Chau district, An Giang province, Vietnam)
- Tinh Bien Landport (in Tinh Bien town, Tinh Bien district, An Giang province, Vietnam)
- Xa Mat Landport (in Tan Lap village, Tan Bien district, Tay Ninh province, Vietnam)
Here is our detailed guide on entering Vietnam from Cambodia that you can read to get further information about visa, fees, and more.
Entering Vietnam from Laos
You can enter Vietnam by car, bus, or motorbike from Laos through the following eight checkpoints.
- Tay Trang Landport (31 km from Dien Bien Phu city, Dien Bien province, Vietnam)
- Na Meo Landport (in Na Meo village, Quan Son district, Thanh Hoa province, Vietnam)
- Nam Cam Landport (in Nam Cam village, Ky Son district, Nghe An province, Vietnam)
- Cau Treo Landport (in Kim Son village, Huong Son district, Ha Tinh province, Vietnam)
- Cha Lo Landport (in Dan Hoa village, Minh Hoa district, Quang Binh province, Vietnam)
- Lao Bao Landport (in Lao Bao town, Huong Hoa district, Quang Tri province, Vietnam)
- Bo Y Landport (in Bo Y village, Ngoc Hoi district, Kon Tum province, Vietnam)
- La Lay Landport (A Ngo village, Dakrong district, Quang Tri province, Vietnam)
There are other common land crossings as well, such as:
- Highway No.8 (Nam Phao–Cau Treo)
- Highway No.279 (Sop Hun–Tay Trang)
- Highway No.9A (Dansavanh–Lau Bao)
Know more about entering Vietnam from Laos, such as immigration checks, border control systems, and more, from our guide here.
Entering Vietnam from China
There are many border check-in points between Vietnam and China, however there are three international checkpoints in Vietnam accept for Vietnam e-visa get entry into the country, here they are:
- Mong Cai Landport (in Hoa Lac ward, Mong Cai city, Quang Ninh province, Vietnam)
- Huu Nghi Landport (17km from Lang Son city, Lang Son province, Vietnam)
- Lao Cai Landport (Lao Cai city, Lao Cai province, Vietnam)
All of these border crossings are located in the Northeastern part of Vietnam. For more information, here is our guide to travel to Vietnam from China.
For viewing breathtaking landscapes, spectacular vistas, and unique culture, make Vietnam your next travel destination. The rich history of the land dates back to more than 2,000 years and visiting the country is an unforgettable experience for any traveler. If you are planning to come to this wonderful land of diverse cultures and outstanding scenic beauty, visit our News Page and get updated information about e-Visa for Vietnam.