February 28, 2020
Visa On Arrival
Vietnam Visa On Arrival via Hanoi City Airport
Are you flying to Vietnam soon and need a visa to enter the country? If so, then you may want to consider getting the Vietnam Visa on Arrival. This visa can be obtained at some of the major airports in Vietnam including the airport of Hanoi, Vietnam’s capital city.
Applying for the Visa on Arrival is easy. You just need to apply for a pre-approval letter online. This is what you need to bring to the country in order to claim your visa at Hanoi airport. Here’s everything you need to know about Vietnam Visa on Arrival via Hanoi City Airport.
What is a Vietnam Visa on Arrival?
Launched in 2008, the Vietnam Visa on Arrival is one of the most convenient ways of getting a visa to the country. With this visa option, you don’t need to visit the Vietnam embassy to schedule an appointment. You just need to request for a pre-approval letter online and fly to Vietnam.
What’s great about the Visa on Arrival is that you can choose to get a multiple-entry visa. This is a good option for those who wanted to stay in the country longer. With the multiple-entry, you can stay in Vietnam for up to 60 days and you can exit and re-enter the country within that period.
Applying for a Pre-approval Letter for your Visa on Arrival
The first thing that you need to do when applying for a Visa on Arrival is to go online and request a letter. This pre-approval letter is needed because you’re going to present it when checking in for your flight. There are times when airline companies will be asking you for a Vietnam visa before you can board your flight. Since you don’t have the visa yet, the pre-approval letter is what you need to present.
The pre-approval letter will come from Vietnam’s Immigration Department. It will be sent to the email address you have provided during your application. Just print the letter and bring a copy with you. Show this to the airport and they will stick a visa sticker on your passport.
What Are the Requirements To Get Vietnam Visa on Arrival
Aside from the printed copy of the Pre-approval letter, you are required to submit certain documents to be given a visa upon arrival to Vietnam. Here are the requirements:
- Passport with at least six months of validity – as with entering any country, you are required to present a passport. Your passport should be valid for at least six months from your entry date. Above all, it should have at least 2 blank pages for the visa sticker.
- Completely filled-out visa application form – you need to download a visa application form in advance to save time. Print the application form and fill it out. Bring it with you on your trip and submit it along with your passport and pre-approval letter.
- Recently taken photos – you are required to submit two pieces of recently taken photos in the size of 4 x 6 cm. It should show your face clearly and must be taken in a white background.
- Payment for the stamping fee – you can pay for this in either the US dollar or Vietnamese currency.
Steps To Apply for the Visa on Arrival via Hanoi
Here are the steps on how to apply for your Visa on Arrival via Hanoi Airport:
- Request for a pre-approval letter online. When requesting the letter, you will be asked to fill out an application form. Make sure you provide accurate information, especially your complete name, date of birth, and nationality.
- Choose whether you wanted a single entry or a multiple-entry visa. You also need to indicate how many days you intend on staying in the country.
- Double-check the information you have entered and make a payment for the visa fee. Submit your application form and wait for an email.
- After about 3 business days, you will receive your pre-approval letter via email. It’s highly advised to double-check the details that are in the letter. Make sure they are correct. If there are any discrepancies, inform them ahead by sending an email. But if there are no issues, then you can go ahead and print the letter.
- Bring the printed letter on your trip. When you arrive at Hanoi airport, proceed to the visa counter and hand over the letter along with the requirements stated above. Your passport will then be stamped with a visa sticker and you can proceed to passport control to enter the country.
If you find the entire process of applying for a Visa on Arrival at Hanoi a bit overwhelming, you can request for help through VIP Fast Track Service. With this service, a representative will meet you and process the visa on your behalf.