February 18, 2020
Visa On Arrival
Do German Citizens Need A Visa For Vietnam?
Germany, one of the supreme powers in the world shares a rich past with Vietnam. There were tough times, in which German government aided Vietnam big heartedly with billions of dollars to strengthen its economy. At the moment, both the nations share the respective embassies in each nation. Vietnam offers a visa free stay to only about 17 nations in the world. It was announced on 2015 that the citizens of Germany do not require a visa if the stay is less than 15 days. But if the stay is expected to extend to about 30 days, you will need visa for entering Vietnam.
Visa Exemption for German citizens
- Citizens of Germany won’t need a visa if staying for fewer than 15 days. A gap of at least 30 days between two visa-free visits is required.
- If you are a German citizen, but your wedded partner or parents reside at Vietnam, then you must submit a certificate of visa exemption for 90 days in 5 years by giving the required documents.
- If your travel destination is Phu Quoc Island, you are let off from acquiring a Vietnam visa, with the duration not exceeding 30 days.
How to apply for Vietnam visa
A German passport holder, who intends to stay for a period of more than 15 days, is suggested to choose one of the following methods of applying for a Vietnam visa.
(i) Local Vietnam Embassy in Germany
This visa is issued by the Vietnam Embassy located in Germany. The applicant must reach out to one of the Vietnam embassies located in the particular country of their residence. In case if you are located outside of Germany, then you can get the help of the embassy located at your home country.
The following steps must be carried out to apply for a Vietnam visa
- Get the necessary documents, as requested by the Vietnam embassy
- Keep to process of submitting the relevant visa documents
- Visit the embassy in person and collect the visa
The following are the requisites of the documents that needs to be submitted –
- Original German passport with a validity of at least 6 months
- 2 Passport-type photographs sized 4 x 6
- Just in case, if you are heading to the country on a business visa, you must carry a business letter from the company. This letter should be printed on the business letterhead and addressed to the embassy.
(ii) Applying through Vietnam Visa on Arrival
This Visa on Arrival is the most effective way to apply for a Vietnam visa due to its ease and safety. Furthermore it lets the passenger to apply for a visa from anywhere across the globe. All one must do is to spend a few minutes to fill the online form. Another main advantage of Vietnam visa for German process is its affordability and you can know in a few working hours if your visa is approved or not. An applicant receives the approval letter in two working days. In case of emergency, the entire process is done in 30 minutes to 4 hours. You will receive this approval letter thru email. Submit this letter to the immigration officials upon reaching the airport.
Things to take care when applying for the Vietnam visa on Arrival for German process
- Even before you head out to apply for the visa, make sure that your passport holds a validity of at least 6 months with a minimum of two blank pages.
- When you apply for Vietnam Visa, enter your name precisely as mentioned on the passport.
- Also make sure to mention the date of birth in the format DD/MM/YY
- Mention the passport number as in passport
- The applicants must also fill-out the appropriate Date of Arrival. You can choose to enter Vietnam during this date, but not before or later than this date.
- Present the passport sized photos along with the passport at the Vietnam airport.
How to pick up the visa at Vietnam airport for German citizens?
- After arriving at any one of the international airports of Vietnam, you will see visa on arrival office. Provide your passport, visa approval letter and passport size photo to the immigration officials. They will verify the same and attach on entry form. Photo Guide.
- You must also pay a stamp charge of $25 USD for single entry or $50 USD for multiple entries.
(iii) Vietnam E-Visa for German
The Vietnam e-visa for German process is the most economical and easy way of applying for a Vietnam Visa. The entire process of visa application happens online. The applicant has to simply visit reliable travel agency that offers Vietnam e-visa for German, and submit the application. Upload these documents online in the digital format. Also, make the payment along with the application form using debit/credit card. This is the easiest process, as you don’t have to wait in long queues.
Visa extension requisites for German citizens
- According to the Vietnamese Government regulations, the Germany passport holders can only reside in Germany for a period of not exceeding six months.
- If any passenger has his visa expired, the passenger might face severe punishment for overdue visa. Moreover, the traveler stands immediately deported from Vietnam and kept on the entry blacklist.
- The traveler can enter the Tan Son Nhat border at Ho Chi Minh City, and apply for a visa extension.
PERHAPS YOU ARE INTERESTED IN
Just like with some other countries around the world, Vietnam would require some foreign travelers to get a visa before they can be allowed to enter the country. Thankfully, the Vietnamese government has made it easier for foreign visitors to obtain a visa.
Vietnam is known to be one of the most beautiful countries rich in history and culture. Located in the Asia-Pacific region, Vietnam is a perfect destination for travelers.