Do citizens of Italy need a visa to visit Vietnam?
At present, citizens of Italy are free for 15 days of Vietnam Visa. If you plan to stay in Vietnam less than 15 days, you do not need to apply Vietnam Visa. In case, you want to stay more than 15 days, you must apply Vietnam Visa in advance.
(Note: According to Vietnam immigration law, to be eligible for visa exemption, your passport must have at least six months’ validity. If you wish to enter Vietnam at least two consecutive times without visa, the next entry must be at least 30 days after the previous exit. If you enter Viet Nam the first time with visa, then the next entry without visa can be less than 30 days after your previous exit).
How to visit Vietnam with 15 days of free Visa for citizens of Italy
From 1 July, 2015, all Italy passport holders travelling for tourism or business can enter Vietnam for a maximum of 15 days without a visa. To get free visa, you just use your passport and visit Vietnam. You can enter Vietnam by any ports from Air by airplane to Land by bus, train… or Sea by ship, cruise…
When you arrive Vietnam, please directly come to Immigration Check-in counter to get the blue stamp into your passport. This stamp will say that you can stay in Vietnam for 15 days from your arrival date.
No cost and no other documents are required.
» This section explains how citizens of Italy who want to get a Visa to visit Vietnam in case of staying Vietnam for periods of longer than 15 days or wishing to re-enter Vietnam within 30 days of departure.
How many ways could citizens of Italy apply for a visa to Vietnam?
As a Italian citizen, whether you are living in Italy or currently traveling in one other country outside Italy, you can also follow these instructions to obtain a Visa to Vietnam.
If you hold passport of Italy, you have two options to apply for a Vietnam visa
1. Apply Vietnam Visa Online for the approval letter to pick up the Visa at Vietnam airport (Vietnam visa on arrival).
This method is very convenient, fast, reasonable and secure. You just stay at home, access the Internet, apply Online and it is done in couple of minutes!
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department in Vietnam
- Processing time: 1 – 2 working days
- Secure 100%
- No passport send-off
HOW TO APPLY VIETNAM VISA ONLINE?
Fill in the secured Vietnam visa application form online with required information such as your full name, date of birth, passport number, arrival date… You are required to enter the exact personal information of the applicant(s) in order for the Immigration Department to issue Visa Approval Letter.
Please double check to ensure the information is correct. Then process to make payment for the service fee. You can make payment with your Credit/ Debit Card /PayPal or pay via Western Union.
The cost for Vietnam visa on arrival includes:
- Visa service fee (we charge you for the service fee) and,
- Visa stamping fee (paid to custom officers at airports when you arrive Vietnam)
After submitting your Visa Application, what you do is:
- Wait for 1 or 2 working days (normal service) or 4 hours / 8 hours working (urgent cases) to get your Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department via email.
- Get your visa stamped at “Visa landing Counter” at the airport before you come to the stamp check-in counter by presenting the Visa approval letter, the original passport (with at least 06-months validity), 02 passport-sized photos, Vietnamese Visa application form (already filled out), and stamping fee to the Immigration Officer.
Note that: Visa on arrival works for air travel only. And it is available in 4 international airports in Vietnam, including Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi city), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City city), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang city) and Da Nang airport (Da Nang city).
2. Apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy
[At present, there is no embassy of Vietnam in Italy]
Citizens of Italy can come to any embassy or consulate of Vietnam in any country in the world to apply the Visa. You may click here to find the address of Vietnam embassy near your place.
The following documents are required for each visa application:
- The Vietnam visa code (If required)
- Original Passport (with at least 06-months validity)
-One completed application form for a Vietnam visa (Contact the embassy or consulate for this form)
-One passport size photo of 4×6 cm (attached to the application)
* Sometimes Flight return ticket and Hotel booking reservation or tour itinerary are required. Please check this information with the embassy or consulate to know further information.
How to apply a Vietnam Visa code?
If the embassy or consulate of Vietnam need the Vietnam visa code, you could apply with us. We can help you with the visa approval letter with the visa code.
To apply the Vietnam visa code, please click here to apply online, choose embassy Visa and Apply. You will get the Visa approval letter after 1 or 2 working days. You can use the Visa letter to get the visa at the embassy or consulate of Vietnam which you choose before.
Hotline:+84.932-654-010 - Yahoo Chat:Visavietnew - Skype:VisaViet
Support via Viber / Line / WhatsApp / WeChat / Telegram / Kakao Talk / BeeTalk / Zalo: +84.932-654-010
Support Online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (including Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays)