October 21, 2019
Full guide for e-visa to vietnam 2019
Vietnam e-Visa is a simple, online Vietnam visa process available to citizens of 80 countries. Payment and delivery of the e-Visa is done entirely online and taken 02-03 working days. This article lists everything you need to know about applying for the Vietnam e-Visa.
What is the Vietnam e-Visa?
Vietnam e-Visa is one of several visa types offered by the Vietnam Immigration Department to foreigners entering the country. The e-Visa is valid for 30 days with single entry only. It requires 2-3 full working days to process (Rush processing time is available in case you need the e-visa urgently). As of February 2019, Vietnam e-Visa is available to nationals of 80 countries.
E-Visa Vietnam Details:
– The E-Visa Vietnam is a single entry visa;
– The E-Visa is valid for 30 days, from the proposed date of entry indicated during the application;
– E-Visa holders may remain in Vietnam for a maximum of thirty (30) consecutive days after the initial entry date which you apply before;
– Once the first 30 days have passed, and renewal be needed it, E-Visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to grant new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/organization/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam;
– Minors with their own passport must complete a full E-Visa application. Minors aged 14 and under included on their parent’s passport will have to be included on their parents E-Visa application;
– Applicants are required to carry a copy of their E-Visa at all times during their stay.
– Foreigners who entry Vietnam must comply with Vietnamese law.
Which nationality is available for the Vietnam e-Visa?
Before applying, make sure your nationality is one of those countries which is available for Vietnam e-Visa:
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Papua New Guinea
United Arab Emirates
Hong Kong (China)
Vietnam e-Visa Requirements:
– A passport with 6 months’ validity
– A photo in .jpg format of your full passport data page
– A passport photo in .jpg format (4×6, white background, without glasses)
– A valid international credit or debit card
– An email address for support purposes
– Your entry and exit dates and entry and exit points/airports.
Conditions for being granted an e-Visa Vietnam:
– Outside Vietnam foreigners;
– Holding valid passport;
– Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
How to receive the Vietnam e-Visa after you apply with vietnamimmigration.org?
After applying for your e-Visa online, the confirmation will be sent to your email. In this email, you will know when the Vietnam e-Visa will be delivered to you.
Around the confirmed time, the e-Visa together with the instruction how to enter Vietnam will be sent to your email.
If three working days have passed and your e-visa is still unavailable, please email us to check about the status.
Tips: Download the .pdf file and print your e-Visa in two copies for safety when travelling.
How the Vietnam e-Visa looks like?
The eVisa is the same as the sample below. In the e-Visa, you can see your full name information, the validity of your e-visa, port of entry. Please make sure all these information are in the same as in your passport, in case one of them is incorrect, you are not allowed to enter Vietnam.
How to Use Your e-Visa in Vietnam?
Your e-Visa is valid for entry at any of 33 international checkpoints within the country, including 8 international airports, 16 international land-ports and 9 international seaports as in the list below:
- Cat Bi Int Airport (Hai Phong)
- Cam Ranh Int Airport (Khanh Hoa)
- Can Tho International Airport
- Da Nang International Airport
- Noi Bai Int Airport (Ha Noi)
- Phu Bai Int Airport
- Phu Quoc International Airport
- Tan Son Nhat Int Airport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Bo Y Landport
- Cha Lo Landport
- Cau Treo Landport
- Huu Nghi Landport
- Ha Tien Landport
- Lao Bao Landport
- Lao Cai Landport
- La Lay Landport
- Moc Bai Landport
- Mong Cai Landport
- Nam Can Landport
- Na Meo Landport
- Song Tien Landport
- Tinh Bien Landport
- Tay Trang Landport
- Xa Mat Landport
- Chan May Seaport
- Da Nang Seaport
- Duong Dong Seaport
- Hon Gai Seaport
- Hai Phong Seaport
- Nha Trang Seaport
- Quy Nhon Seaport
- Ho Chi Minh City Seaport
- Vung Tau Seaport
Upon arrival in Vietnam, please come to Passport Control counter directly and submit your passport with your printed e-Visa to the officer. The officer will check and issued the entry stamp into your passport. Then you can enter Vietnam.
Procedures to enter Vietnam with the e-Visa
TIP: Keep your printed e-Visa to show on departure.
Common Questions about e-Visas
– Can I get an extension on my 30-day e-Visa?
Yes, but this can only be done from within Vietnam.
– Can I enter Vietnam after the entry date on my application?
Your visa is valid from the start to end dates specified. You can enter the country any time within those dates.
– Do I need to queue at the Visa on Arrival counter in Vietnam?
You do not need to queue at Visa on Arrival counters. You can bring your printed e-Visa and passport directly to the immigration counter.